First General Services has been certified and trained in fungal contamination through ASCR International. Following the Department of Health guidelines, IICRC guidelines, and the EPA’s standards, the team at First General Services provides a process that is the most effective for safe mold removal from residential or commercial properties.
Mold can grow within 48 hours when a water source is present. Although every home and business has some presence of mold, exposure to water and moisture can cause a rapid growth, in which mold spores propagate into colonies. These colonies can produce allergens and irritants, which can be harmful to your health.
The team at First General Services is ready to respond to your mold concerns. Upon arrival, our certified technicians will assess the situation and determine the source of water and moisture causing the mold. We will then outline an effective containment and removal plan.
We offer mold testing, mold remediation (containment and removal) and maintenance services.
When faced with a mold issue, it is important to have a professional team address it immediately as well as prevent future occurrences.
The First General team uses the following process for remediating mold problems:
- Assess the mold growth area
- Pictures, video, and a written description of the affected area are compiled for the home or business owner before remediation takes place. A detailed log is kept throughout the process to document findings and capture results.
- The contaminated area is isolated and covered
- All wet and moldy materials are double bagged and discarded per EPA’s standards
- All non-porous materials and surfaces are cleaned using a special cleaning solution. A HEPA vacuum is then used to eliminate any remaining spores.
- Air quality tests are performed to ensure the environment is safe and the remediation process has been completed fully
If left un-treated, mold can cause an array of health conditions from a stuffy nose and itchy throat to severe respiratory and pulmonary complications. Certain people, especially infants, the elderly, and anyone with an already compromised immune system are especially at risk for increased sensitivity to mold exposure. If you are experiencing any symptoms, it is recommended to seek medical care immediately.
To learn more about the health risks associated with mold exposure, visit the Center for Disease Control’s website: https://www.cdc.gov/mold/dampness_facts.htm