Fire damage restoration is the process of restoring a property, either residential or commercial, back to pre-loss condition after sustaining damage due to fire, smoke, soot and related perils. The expert team at First General Services follows a detailed process of inspection, evaluation and testing to define and follow through on a scope of work to quickly and efficiently restore the property.
The Fire restoration process that the team at First General Services employs is thorough and proven:
- Identify the source-determine the type of fire that occurred
- Evaluate the affected area- inspect the areas that need treatment
- Remediate any water damage that resulted from firefighting
- Remove contents from the home using our Electronic Inventory Pack Out System
- Perform structural restoration:
- Remove charred contents that may have sealed in smoke such as insulation and burned wood
- Evaluate carpets and floor coverings that may need to be removed
- Inspect property framing and subfloors to determine structural safety
- Treat affected surface areas for smoke odor using our deodorization process
- For materials that will not be replaced, a thorough cleaning process will be completed
Fire is a very common, unpredictable disaster that can result in the loss of human lives, as well as in the physical destruction of homes, businesses, and neighborhoods. The team at First General Services understands that fires can cause serious emotional distress to the families affected. We strive to provide the most compassionate, thorough service to all clients.
Losing your home in a fire involves not only the loss of your residence, but also many other things of value such as photo albums, important documents and treasured objects. Most importantly, though, the home is your place of security, comfort and safety. After a fire, this sense of security can also be lost and can significantly disrupt the normality of daily life. The First General Team responds to every emergency with compassion, empathy and the desire to genuinely help those affected.
We offer our clients who have experienced a fire loss with a 2 Week Courtesy Laundry Service.
This is one small way we can help ease the trauma associated with a disaster.